Poll: Voter Vitals V: National Tracking Poll
The fifth edition of Voter Vitals – a tracking poll conducted nationwide and in 2020 battleground states by Locust Street Group for the Partnership for America’s Health Care Future – finds a supermajority of voters support building on and improving what’s working in health care during this critical time. Specifically, the vast majority of voters are satisfied with their current coverage and believe private coverage should continue to exist and have a role in our health care system.
- Lowering COSTS (67 percent) is the top health care priority for Democratic, Swing and Republican voters.
- More voters support FIXING what we have today (66 percent support) than the public option (43 percent support) and Medicare for All (40 percent support).
- 69 percent of voters would rather BUILD ON our current health care system than create the public option (31 percent).
- 78 percent of voters with health insurance coverage are SATISFIED with their coverage.
- 71 percent of voters are UNWILLING to pay any more for health care and 69 percent are UNWILLING to pay any more in taxes to create the public option.
- 67 percent of voters believe PRIVATE COVERAGE should continue to exist and have a role in our health care system.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Today, Democratic, Swing, and Republican voters alike support building on and improving what’s working in our health care system, where Medicare, Medicaid and private coverage work together to provide Americans with the coverage and care they need. Let’s fix what’s broken, not start over with a new government-controlled health insurance system like the public option.